As a sponsor, you will be putting your company name, products, and services in front of the area's premier current and future business leaders. Our membership consists of a wide array of project professionals and executives that represent a broad base of industries. Becoming a sponsor means that your company will be promoting the value of our mission to promote excellence in project management and supporting the continuing education of your teams in the latest trends, topics, and ideas in project management.
One of the tenets of PMI includes our focus on having members obtain and keep the globally recognized Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Our events help us to achieve this goal for our membership. We provide a variety of focused topics and speakers for current PMPs who wish to continue their personal growth and development while earning valuable professional development units that help them to maintain their professional status.
Additionally, we offer certification preparation courses for those employees who have identified the importance of becoming a project management professional and whose companies wish to reap the benefits that the designation can bring to their projects, their customers and their bottom line. Finally, PMI SD offers networking opportunities that empower project management practitioners and employers.
Policy and Guideliness
Project Management Institute – San Diego Chapter (PMI-SD) encourages sponsorship of selected chapter events and materials by interested businesses and organizations.
Sponsorship does not indicate that PMI-SD endorses the sponsor or their product. It does mean that we have provided an opportunity for visibility of the sponsoring organization to our membership.Sponsorship of PMI-SD assumes agreement with the following:
- Sponsorships are non-exclusive
- PMI-SD reserves the right to modify meetings and schedules as needed, and will provide Sponsor with outstanding like services at/for another event. Sponsor sole recourse is to participate in a future event.
- All Sponsorships are non-cancelable by the Sponsor. If changes are required PMI-SD will make every effort to provide benefits for like value.
- Sponsorship does not grant the right to use any PMI-SD marks including, but not limited to, trademarks, names or logos.
- Sponsorship does not grant the right to access or use any PMI-SD mailing lists.
- Sponsor is solely responsible for any liability arising out of or relating to dinner meeting sponsorship. Sponsor warrants and represents that it holds the rights necessary for representing or advertising Sponsor materials. Sponsor agrees to indemnify PMI-SD and to hold PMI-SD harmless from and against any and all claims, whether actual or threatened, causes of action, damages, liability, loss or any other expenses resulting from event attendance or advertisement by the Sponsor with PMI-SD.
- All promotional material must be pre-approved in writing by PMI-SD.
- PMI-SD will not be held liable for the failure, in whole or in part, to post any advertisement.
- PMI-SD will not be held liable for formatting, typographical, or other errors that occur in connection with the posting of the advertisement submitted by the Sponsor.
- Sponsor releases PMI-SD from liability regarding delays in performance and/or non-performance from any condition beyond the control of PMI-SD.
- PMI-SD may terminate Sponsorship if any major, public controversy arises in connection with the Sponsor, which, in the reasonable opinion of PMI-SD, reflects adversely and substantially on the organizational image of PMI-SD.
- Policies and Procedures can change at any time, and all addendums will be posted on our website and communicated to Sponsors with active contracts.
Sponsorships can be arranged with the VP of Marketing/Outreach.
Additions and exceptions to this policy must be approved by the agreement of the President, the Vice President of Finance, and the Vice President of Marketing/Outreach.
This policy will be reviewed by the board at least annually.